Dhan Trading App Review 2023: Dhan is a financial company based in Mumbai, India, started in 2021. They help people invest their money to grow it over time. They follow the rules set by SEBI, a government agency that oversees stock trading. They also work with other important organizations like CDSL and stock exchanges (NSE, BSE, MCX).
Dhan offers different ways to invest, like buying stocks, ETFs, options, futures, commodities, and currency trading. They’re like a one-stop shop for investors.
Dhan doesn’t charge a lot for their services. For quick trading during the day, they charge either Rs. 20 per trade or 0.03% of the transaction amount. If you want to hold onto your investments for a longer time, like stocks and ETFs, there’s no charge. They even give a discount to female customers.
Dhan makes it easy for anyone to invest. They have user-friendly apps for your phone and websites for your computer. Even if you’re new to investing, you can use these platforms to buy and sell securities.
Dhan Trading Products/Services/Softwares
Dhan offers the following trading platforms:
- Dhan Web: A fast and user-friendly platform with features like charts, indicators, quick fund withdrawals, trading view charts, 15-minute setup, instant margin, and webhooks.
- Dhan TradingView: An accessible and easy-to-use platform that allows you to trade directly from TradingView.com.
- Dhan App: A mobile application available for download on Google Play Store and App Store. The app allows trading in stocks, IPOs, futures, currencies, commodities, and options.
- Dhan Options Trader App: An app designed specifically for futures and options traders.
- Dhan Options Trader Web: A dedicated platform for options trading.
Dhan Trading App Features
- Skilled and seasoned management team guiding the company.
- Competitive and consistent brokerage fees.
- Flat-rate brokerage charge of Rs. 20 for most types of trades.
- Strong emphasis on technology and product offerings.
- No fees for opening or maintaining an account.
- Multiple well-designed trading platforms available.
- User-friendly and straightforward trading process.
- Innovative investment options like small cases.
- Up to 4x leverage for investors.
- 50% lower brokerage charges for women.
Dhan Trading App Brokerage Charges
Dhan brokerage charges, trading charges, AMC Charges and more charges has been listed below category wise:
Dhan Brokerage Charges
Dhan offers a flat rate brokerage plan for all segments, with no monthly fee. The brokerage fee for equity, commodities, and currency derivative trading is Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.03% of trade value, whichever is lower.
Dhan brokerage charges for different segments:
|Equity Delivery||Rs. 0|
|Equity Intraday||Rs. 20 or 0.03% of trade value, whichever is lower|
|Equity Futures||Rs. 20 or 0.03% of trade value, whichever is lower|
|Equity Options||Rs. 20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||Rs. 20 or 0.03% of trade value, whichever is lower|
|Currency Options||Rs. 20 per executed order|
|Commodity Futures||Rs. 20 or 0.03% of trade value, whichever is lower|
|Commodity Options||Rs. 20 per executed order|
If you buy and sell 100 shares of Reliance Industries (RELIANCE) for Rs. 1000 per share on the same day, your brokerage fee would be Rs. 20, as the brokerage fee for equity intraday trades is Rs. 20 per executed order, regardless of the trade value.
Dhan Demat Account Charges
Managing a Demat account is an essential part of stock trading, and understanding the associated charges is vital for investors. Dhan offers a transparent fee structure for their Demat accounts in 2023. Here’s a simplified breakdown of these charges:
Dhan Demat Charges:
|1||Demat Account Opening Charges||Rs 0 (Free)|
|2||Transaction Charges (Buy)|
|3||Transaction Charges (Sell)||Rs 12.5 per transaction per ISIN + GST|
|4||Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC)||Rs 0|
|5||Demat + Courier charges||Rs 250 per certificate + Courier charges|
|6||Remat||Rs 250 per certificate + CDSL Charges + Courier charges|
|7||Pledge Creation||Rs 12.5 per transaction per ISIN + GST|
|8||Pledge Creation Confirmation|
|9||Pledge Invocation||Rs 12.5 per transaction per ISIN + GST|
- Payment Gateway: Free per transaction for UPI and NetBanking.
- Courier Charges per Demat/Remat: Rs 350 per courier.
- Investor Protection Fund Trust (IPFT) Charges – NSE:
- Equity Cash: Revised from Rs 0.01 to Rs 10 (Computed on traded value).
- Equity Futures: Revised from Rs 0.01 to Rs 10 (Computed on…).
If you buy 100 shares of Reliance Industries (RELIANCE) for Rs. 1000 per share, your demat transaction fee would be Rs. 12.5, as the transaction charge is Rs. 12.5 per ISIN + GST.
Dhan AMC (Account Maintenance Charges)
|Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time)||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Trading Annual Maintenance Charges AMC (Yearly Fee)||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time)||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges AMC (Yearly Fee)||Rs 0 (Lifetime Zero AMC)|
Dhan Trading taxes/Charges
Dhan charges the following taxes and fees on trading:
|Securities Transaction Tax (STT)||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
|STT||Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side|
|STT||Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side|
|STT||Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)|
|STT||Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)|
|STT||Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side|
|STT||Currency F&O: No STT|
|STT||On Exercise transaction: 0.125%|
|STT||Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side|
|Exchange Transaction Charges||Refer to table above|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|SEBI Charges||0.0001% (₹10/Crore) of the turnover (except for Agri futures where it is Rs 1 per crore)|
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.|
|Stamp Duty||Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
If you buy and sell 100 shares of Reliance Industries (RELIANCE) for Rs. 1000 per share on the NSE in an intraday trade, your total taxes and fees would be Rs. 15.35, calculated as follows: STT: Rs. 2.5 (0.025% of Rs. 1000) Exchange Transaction Charges: Rs. 3.45 (0.00345% of Rs. 100000) GST: Rs. 1.8 (18% of Rs. 10.35) Stamp Duty: Rs. 3 (0.003% of Rs. 100000)
Dhan Transaction Charges
Dhan charges a transaction fee for all trades, which is a combination of the Exchange Turnover Charge and Trade Clearing Charge. The transaction fee varies depending on the segment and exchange.
Dhan transaction charges for different segments and exchanges in 2023:
|Currency Futures||Intrest Rate Derivatives||0.00015%|
|Commodity||Group A, B||0.0026%|
If you buy and sell 100 shares of Reliance Industries (RELIANCE) for Rs. 1000 per share on the NSE in an intraday trade, your transaction fee would be Rs. 3.45, as the transaction fee for equity intraday trades on the NSE is 0.00345%.
Dhan Brokerage Charges for Female
Dhan is a new-age online stock broker that is committed to diversity and inclusion. To encourage more women to participate in the stock market, Dhan is offering a 50% discount on brokerage for all women. This offer is valid for all intraday and F&O trades, and it is available to all women, regardless of their age or experience.
Dhan’s 50% off brokerage offer for women
Dhan Demat Account Opening Process
The process of opening a Dhan demat and trading account is straightforward and can be initiated through the Dhan website or mobile app, where a well-organized account opening form is provided. Both demat and trading accounts are processed simultaneously, making it convenient for users.
Steps for dhan demat account opening online:
Step 1: Online Account Opening Process
- Visit the Dhan website or download the Dhan Mobile App.
- Click on the “Open Demat Account” tab on the homepage.
- Verify your mobile number and email address by entering the OTP received.
- Set a 6-digit pin code for your account.
- If you have a referral code, enter it.
- For KYC and documentation, submit your PAN card details (mandatory), and select an address proof from options such as Aadhar, Driving License, or Passport.
- Provide a live selfie or upload your picture and your signature picture.
- Declare your annual income, profession, and trading experience.
- If you wish to activate Future & Option trading, you can upload income proofs or skip this step.
- Enter your bank account details, including IFSC code and account number. Dhan will send Rs 1 for verification.
- On the E-sign page, enter your Aadhar number and verify it with the OTP sent to your mobile number.
- Set a password for your Dhan account.
- Complete the account opening process from your end.
Step 2: Account Verification and Confirmation
- The Dhan team will verify and process your KYC.
- You will receive an email with the account opening details and login credentials.
For non-individual account opening (offline), the process involves emailing the Dhan onboarding team, document verification, and submission of pre-filled forms. Once received, the trading and demat accounts are typically opened within 24-48 working hours, and login details are shared via email. This simplified process ensures ease and efficiency for both individual and non-individual account holders.
What is Dhan Refer and Earn?
Dhan offers a Refer and Earn program to encourage customers to refer their friends and family members to the company. Under this program, customers can earn rewards in the form of brokerage sharing.
How it works:
- Share your referral link with your friends and family.
- When a friend opens an account through your referral link and completes a transaction, you will earn 20% of the brokerage fees paid by your friend, for life.
Your friend clicks on your referral link and opens a Dhan account. Now, when your friend completes a transaction and pays a brokerage of Rs 20, you will earn Rs 4 (20% of Rs 20). This referral and earning program is valid for life.
Conclusion: Dhan Trading App Review 2023
In conclusion, the Dhan Trading App in 2023 offers a modern and user-friendly platform for traders and investors in the Indian financial market. With its array of advantages, Dhan caters to the needs of both beginners and experienced traders. Some of its notable advantages include being a new-age broker, a reputation for safety and trustworthiness, efficient order execution, and dedicated option trading platforms on both web and mobile.
In summary, Dhan Trading App 2023 is a reliable and technologically advanced platform for trading and investment. Whether it suits your needs depends on your preferences and requirements as a trader or investor. It’s advisable to carefully evaluate these pros and cons to determine if Dhan aligns with your investment goals and trading style.
Dhan Trading App Pros and Cons
- New-age online stock broker
- Safest, most reliable, and trustworthy broker in India
- Can execute large orders smoothly
- Dedicated option trading platform
- Zero cost API
- Rich with data and analytics tools
- Free options strategy builder
- Trade directly on TradingView charts
- Only Indian broker on TradingView.com’s trading panel
- Special order types
- Free webhooks for TradingView
- Doesn’t provide stock tips, research reports, or recommendations
- Monthly unlimited trading plans are not available
- Call and trade is available at an additional fee
- 3-in-1 trading account is not available
The share pledge charge on Dhan is Rs 12.50 per request/ISIN + GST.
Q. What is the charge of Dhan API?
Dhan offers a zero-cost API for all customers. It means that you can use the Dhan API to trade and invest without paying any additional fees.
- Groww App Review 2023: Is Groww App Safe?
- IND Money Review 2023: Is IND money safe?
- Zerodha Coin Review 2023: Is Zerodha Coin good for Mutual Funds?
- Kotak Securities App Review 2023: Is kotak securities good for intraday trading?
- Olymp Trade Review 2023: Is Olymp Trade SEBI registered?