Zerodha Kite Review 2023: Zerodha Kite is one of the most popular trading platforms in India, known for its fast order execution, advanced charting tools, and user-friendly interface. But what are the other features and benefits of Zerodha Kite? And how much does it cost to use?
In this blog post, we will review Zerodha Kite in detail and answer all of your questions. We will cover Zerodha Kite’s features, benefits, charges, and the Demat account setup process.
Read on to learn more about Zerodha Kite and whether it is the right trading platform for you!
What is Zerodha Kite 3.0 login?
Meet Zerodha Kite, your go-to online trading software for easy access to India’s top stock exchanges like BSE, NSE, and MCX. Developed in-house by Zerodha’s skilled engineers, kite offers three main products, all available for free to Zerodha customers:
- Kite Web: Your Web-Based Trading Buddy
- Accessible from any browser.
- Enjoy real-time streaming quotes.
- Benefit from advanced charts and handy keyboard shortcuts.
- Place orders effortlessly with an elegant user interface.
- Kite Mobile App: Trading on the Go
- Available on Android and iOS devices.
- Get all the features of Kite Web on your mobile.
- Trade conveniently while on the move with a powerful yet user-friendly app.
- Kite Connect API: Build Your Own Tools
- Simple HTTP/JSON APIs for developers.
- Create your custom front-end trading platforms or tools.
- Experience the flexibility of a “platform as a service.”
Zerodha Kite Offerings at a Glance:
- Segments Supported: NFO, NSE, BSE, BFO, CDS, MCX
- Product Types: CNC, MIS, NRML, BO, CO
- Order Types: Limit, Market, SL, SL-M
Zerodha Kite History and Stats
|App Name||Zerodha Kite|
|Downloads on Playstore||10M+ Downloads|
|Rating on Playstore||4.1 out of 5.0|
|Founded by||Nithin Kamath|
Zerodha Kite, offered by Zerodha, is a popular trading platform with a substantial user base, founded in 2010 by Nithin Kamath. The company is headquartered in Bengaluru, India, and is privately held, with details like revenue and market cap not publicly disclosed. For more information, you can visit their official website.
Zerodha Kite Key Features
Kite is more than just a trading platform; it’s a dynamic tool that sets itself apart from competitors with a constantly evolving set of features. Zerodha is dedicated to enhancing the user experience by introducing hundreds of new features with each new version. Here are some key features that make Kite an exceptional trading experience:
|Dashboard / Account Summary||Get an instant overview of your account and portfolio status.|
|Market Watches||Create and customize market watchlists to track your favorite stocks.|
|Streaming Quotes||Enjoy real-time market data and stay updated with live quotes.|
|Browser Notifications||Receive important trading updates and alerts directly in your browser.|
|Market Depth View with Streaming Updates||Dive deep into market dynamics with real-time order book data.|
|Floating Order Window||Keep an order window open and accessible as you navigate the platform.|
|Exit Multiple Orders/Positions in One Click||Efficiently manage your trades by closing multiple positions with a single click.|
|Multiple Chart View||Analyze up to four charts simultaneously on a single screen.|
|Trade from Charts||Seamlessly execute trades directly from expanded chart views.|
|Order Types: Regular, CO, BO, AMO||Choose from a variety of order types to suit your trading strategies.|
Zerodha Kite: What It Doesn’t Offer
Zerodha Kite is a powerful online trading platform known for its numerous features. However, it’s important to note that there are a couple of key features that you won’t find within the Kite platform:
|Mutual Funds||Kite does not offer the option to invest in Mutual Funds. For online mutual fund investments, Zerodha provides a separate tool called ‘Coin.’|
|Back-Office||Zerodha’s Back-Office functionality is not integrated within the Kite platform. It’s accessible through a separate web application known as ‘Console.’ Please note that data in the Back-Office is typically refreshed overnight.|
Zerodha Kite Charges
Account Opening Charges:
- Online Account: Opening this account type costs ₹200.
- Offline Account: For an offline account, you’ll need to pay ₹500.
- NRI Account (Offline Only): If you’re an NRI and want to open an account offline, it’s also ₹500.
- Partnership, LLP, HUF, or Corporate Accounts (Offline Only): These types of accounts also require an offline application and cost ₹500 to open.
Optional Value-Added Services and Their Charges:
Zerodha offers a range of optional value-added services to enhance your trading experience. Here’s a summary of these services and their associated charges:
|Tickertape||Monthly / Annual||Free: ₹0|
|Smallcase||Per Transaction||Buy & Invest More: ₹100|
|Streak||Monthly||Regular: ₹690 + GST|
|Kite Connect||Monthly||Connect: ₹2000|
Zerodha Kite Apps
- Zerodha Kite: A trading app that allows customers to trade in equity, derivatives, currency, and commodity markets from anywhere. It is known for its fast order execution, advanced charting tools, and user-friendly interface.
- Zerodha Coin: An app designed to facilitate online mutual fund investments. It offers a wide range of mutual funds to choose from, and customers can invest directly from their bank account.
- Zerodha Varsity: An educational app that provides stock market lessons, tutorials, and articles to help customers learn about the stock market.
All three Zerodha apps are free to download and use, and they are available for both Android and iOS devices.
Zerodha Kite Trading Products
the trading products and order types offered by Zerodha Kite:
|Trading Product||Description||Key Points|
|MIS (Margin Intraday Square-off)||For intraday trades in equity and F&O segments with additional leverage/margin.||Ideal for short-term intraday trading.|
|CNC (Cash n Carry)||For delivery-based ‘Equity’ trades, requiring 100% margin. Stocks must be available in the linked demat account for selling.||Suitable for long-term investment in stocks.|
|NRML (Normal F&O trades)||For intraday/overnight ‘F&O’ trades without additional leverage. Can be held until expiry with adequate margins.||Offers flexibility for F&O trading strategies.|
|BO (Bracket Order)||Intraday limit orders with preset target and stop-loss levels, and an optional trailing stop-loss, placed simultaneously.||Allows precise risk management in intraday trading.|
|CO (Cover Order)||Intraday market orders with predetermined stop-loss. Provides higher leverage due to fixed stop-loss levels.||Enhances leverage while managing risk effectively.|
|AMO (After Market Order)||Orders placed in advance for the next trading day during specified timings.||Convenient for planning trades outside market hours.|
Zerodha AMO Order Timings:
- Equity (NSE): 3:45 PM to 8:57 AM
- Equity (BSE): 3:45 PM to 8:59 AM
- Currency: 3:45 PM to 8:59 AM
- F&O: 3:45 PM to 9:10 AM
- Commodity (MCX): Can be placed during the day and executed the next day at 9 AM if placed during market hours.
Zerodha Kite Customer Care Numbers
Zerodha provides convenient helpline and support numbers to assist its customers during specific hours of operation. Here are the contact details:
|Type of Support||Operating Hours||Contact Numbers|
|Kite Helpline / Support||8:30 AM – 6:00 PM||– 080 4040 2020|
|– 080 3310 2020|
|Kite Call & Trade||9:00 AM – 11:55 PM||– 080 4040 2020|
|– 080 3310 2020|
Zerodha understands the importance of providing reliable support to its customers. For general helpline and support inquiries, you can reach out during their operating hours at the numbers provided above. If you require assistance with Kite Call & Trade, the same contact numbers apply during its specific operational window. These dedicated support lines ensure that you can access assistance when you need it, enhancing your overall trading experience with Zerodha.
Applying for IPOs with Zerodha Kite: Your Options
Zerodha Kite does not offer an online IPO application facility directly within its platform. However, you have two alternative methods to apply for IPOs when you are a Zerodha customer:
|UPI Facility via Zerodha Console||Apply for IPOs through Zerodha Console using the UPI (Unified Payments Interface) facility. For detailed steps, refer to Zerodha’s IPO application guide.|
|ASBA Facility through Your Bank||Visit your bank’s online banking portal where you have an account.|
- Manually input your Zerodha Demat account details every time you apply for an online IPO through your bank’s portal.
Is Zerodha Kite Free?
Zerodha Kite is free to use for its basic trading features. You can open an account with Zerodha and use the Kite platform at no additional cost. This includes access to features such as market watchlists, real-time streaming quotes, order placement, and basic charting tools.
However, it’s important to note that while the Kite platform itself is free, there may be charges associated with optional value-added services or specific types of trades, such as:
- Optional Value-Added Services: Zerodha offers additional services like advanced charting tools, research tools, and automation services. These services may have subscription fees or charges associated with them, as mentioned in the previous response.
- Brokerage Charges: Zerodha charges brokerage fees on trades, which can vary depending on the type of trade (intraday or delivery) and the segment (equity, derivatives, commodity, etc.). These charges are standard in the industry and apply to all brokerage firms.
In summary, the basic use of Zerodha Kite for trading is free, but there may be fees associated with specific services or trades. It’s essential to review the fee structure and terms of service provided by Zerodha to understand the complete cost structure based on your trading preferences and requirements.
Q. How can I access user manual in Zerodha Kite?
Simply visit the official website of Zerodha Kite to access user manual or user guide.
Q. Is Zerodha Kite Safe?
Yes, Zerodha Kite is a safe trading platform. Zerodha is a registered member of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and the National Stock Exchange of India (NSE). It is also a member of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and the Metropolitan Stock Exchange of India (MCX).
Conclusion: Zerodha Kite Review
Zerodha Kite is a fantastic choice for traders. It’s known as one of the best platforms out there. Here’s why:
- Advanced Features: It gives you cool stuff like charts with special indicators. These help you understand what’s happening in the market.
- Many Order Types: You can make different types of orders, which is handy for different trading strategies.
- Fast Trading: It’s speedy, so you can make quick trades when you need to.
- Light and Mobile: You can use it on the web and your phone, but it’s as powerful as a desktop app.
- Learning Curve: Because it’s packed with features, it might take some time to learn how to use everything.
- Not for Mutual Funds: If you’re into Mutual Funds, you’ll need to use a different tool from Zerodha called ‘Zerodha Coin.’
In a nutshell, Zerodha Kite is a top-notch platform for traders. It has cool features, works fast, and you can use it on your phone or computer. Just remember, if you want to invest in Mutual Funds, you’ll need to use ‘Coin’ instead.