Zerodha Demat Account Opening Process in 2023: Opening a demat account is the first step to start investing in the stock market. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to open a demat account in 2023, Zerodha is the perfect choice.
Zerodha is one of the leading stockbrokers in India, and they offer a simple and hassle-free demat account opening process. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of opening a Zerodha demat account in 2023.
Zerodha Demat Account Key Features/Benefits
- Easy online access to a wide range of financial instruments, including shares, bonds, F&O, and mutual funds.
- A seamless trading experience with the integrated trading and demat account.
- Automatic crediting of dividends to your linked bank account.
- Low debit transaction charges for stock and mutual fund trades.
Before Opening a Demat Account in Zerodha, we must recommend to please be aware about it’s AMC Charges, Zerodha Demat Account Charges and also knows Zerodha Brokerage Charges. If you already know then you can please continue to open a demat account, other you need to read this first: Zerodha Account Opening Charges in 2023
Types of Zerodha Accounts
To trade or invest with Zerodha, you need to open a trading account and a demat account. A demat account is not required for trading in derivatives only.
Zerodha offers three types of accounts:
- Trading account: For equity and currency derivatives.
- Demat account: To hold shares in electronic form.
- Commodity account: To trade commodity futures on MCX.
Zerodha also offers a 2-in-1 account, which is a combination of trading and demat accounts. This allows for seamless transactions between the two accounts.
One customer account can have access to all segments, but each segment must be enabled separately. This can be done at the time of account opening or later.
Zerodha Demat Account Opening Process
Zerodha Offers 2 types of modes to open a demat account. It is been listed below:
Online Zerodha Demat Account Opening Process
Follow these steps to open a Zerodha account online:
- Make sure your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar.
- Visit signup.zerodha.com and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Complete the e-sign process.
- Submit the following documents:
- Self-attested copy of your PAN with your signature
- Scanned copy of your signature in black or blue ballpoint or ink pen
- Masked Aadhaar card (you can download this from myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in)
- Mobile number linked to your Aadhaar
- Bank proof (personalized cancelled cheque, bank statement, or bank passbook copy with the bank account number, bank logo, seal, MICR, and IFSC code clearly visible)
- Income proof (required for trading in F&O):
- Bank statement with the bank logo and seal for the last six months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000
- Latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000
- Certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000
- Statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000
- Your account will be opened within 72 working hours, and you will receive an email with your user ID.
- The charge to open an equity trading and demat account online is ₹200.
If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar, you will need to follow the offline process of opening an account. To learn more, please visit the Zerodha website.
Offline Zerodha Demat Account Opening Process
Follow these steps to open an offline Zerodha account:
- Download and print the following forms:
- Fill out the forms and attach the following documents:
- Passport-size photograph (affix and sign across on the equity and commodity applications)
- Self-attested copy of PAN card
- Self-attested address proof (any one of the following: driving license, voter ID, passport, NREA job card, NPR letter, or Aadhaar card)
- Bank account proof (personalized cancelled cheque, bank statement, or bank passbook copy with the bank account number, bank logo, seal, MICR, and IFSC code clearly visible)
- Income proof for trading in F&O (any one of the following:
- bank statement for the last six months with an average balance of more than ₹10,000,
- latest salary slip with gross monthly income exceeding ₹15,000,
- ITR acknowledgement with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000,
- Form 16 with gross annual income exceeding ₹1,20,000,
- certificate of net worth more than ₹10,00,000,
- or statement of demat holdings with current holdings value exceeding ₹10,000)
- Courier all the documents to the following address:
Zerodha 153/154, 4th Cross, J.P Nagar 4th Phase Opp. Clarence Public School Bengaluru - 560078
- There is a charge of ₹500 for opening an equity and commodity trading account.
- Webcam or physical verification is required as part of the mandatory In-Person Verification (IPV) requirement for all brokers.
For more information:
- Visit the Zerodha website at zerodha.com
- Call Zerodha’s new account opening desk at 080 4719 2020 or 080 7117 5337
- Create a ticket on the Zerodha website
Zerodha Hidden Charges
- Call and trade: Rs 50 per call
- MIS/BO/CO positions not squared off by customer: Rs 50 per executed order
- Physical contract notes: Rs 20 per contract + courier charges
- SMS trade alerts: Rs 1 per alert (equity, F&O, and currency) or Rs 0.50 per alert (commodity)
- Instant payment gateway charges: Rs 9 per fund transfer
- DP charges for delivery-based equity selling: Rs 13.5 + GST per transaction
How to close zerodha demat account?
Your Zerodha trading and demat account will be deactivated if it is inactive for 6 months. You can reactivate your dormant account by contacting Zerodha.
If you are no longer using your Zerodha account or have moved to another broker, it is recommended that you close your account to avoid paying annual maintenance charges and reduce the risk of misuse.
To close your Zerodha account, you must submit an account closure application. You cannot close your account online or by contacting customer support. Download the application form from the “Downloads & Resources” section of the Zerodha website. Fill out the form, sign it, and courier it to the Zerodha office in Bangalore.
- It may take up to 2 business days to close your account.
- You will receive email notifications with updates on the account closure process.
- Clear all outstanding dues before closing your account.
- Transfer all securities from your Zerodha demat account to another demat account.
- Zerodha does not charge a fee for closing your account.
Q. Does Zerodha offer commodity trading?
Yes, Zerodha offer commodity trading.
Q. How much brokerage does Zerodha charge?
Zerodha charges a flat rate of Rs 20 per trade.
Q. Do I have to keep a minimum balance in my account?
No, You don’t need to keep minimum balance in your account.
Q. Is there a fixed monthly charge?
No, there is not a fixed monthly charge.
Q. Do I have to pay for software uses?
No, but access to partner products is chargeable.
Q. Does Zerodha have branches?
Zerodha is an online broker, but it has over 120 partner offices across India.
Q. How does Zerodha charge so little brokerage?
Zerodha uses the latest technology and keeps its costs low.