Vitalik Buterin Net Worth 2023: Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum, is one of the most successful cryptocurrency entrepreneurs in the world. At just 27 years old, his net worth is estimated to be around $600 million. Buterin’s story is one of innovation, dedication, and philanthropy.
Buterin first became interested in cryptocurrency when he was just 17 years old. He was fascinated by the potential of blockchain technology to revolutionize the way we interact with money and data. In 2013, he co-founded Ethereum, a decentralized platform that allows anyone to create and deploy decentralized applications.
Ethereum has become one of the most popular cryptocurrencies in the world. It is used by developers to create a wide variety of applications, including decentralized finance (DeFi), non-fungible tokens (NFTs), and smart contracts.
Buterin’s net worth has grown exponentially as the value of Ethereum has increased. He has donated millions of dollars to charity, including to the India COVID-19 relief fund and the Methuselah Foundation, which is dedicated to extending human lifespan.
Buterin is a visionary leader in the cryptocurrency space. He is committed to using blockchain technology to make the world a better place. His story is an inspiration to anyone who wants to make a difference in the world.
Who is Vitalik Buterin, Co-Founder of Ethereum?
Vitalik Buterin was born in Russia in 1994. His dad, Dmitry, was a computer scientist. When Vitalik was young, he seemed slow in learning to talk, but he showed a unique talent for numbers and patterns. Even before leaving Russia, he started playing with Excel, a computer program. When he was six years old, his family moved to Canada to find better job opportunities.
In Canada, Vitalik went to school and, in third grade, he was put in a class for gifted kids. He really liked math, programming, and economics. Later, he attended a private high school in Toronto called The Abelard School.
Vitalik’s interest in Bitcoin began when his dad introduced him to it at the age of 17. After finishing high school, he went to the University of Waterloo. There, he took advanced courses and worked as a research assistant for a person named Ian Goldberg, who was into cryptography.
In 2012, Vitalik won a bronze medal in a competition about computer programming in Italy. In 2013, he traveled to different countries to meet with developers who shared his passion for coding. Later that year, he came back to Toronto and wrote a document suggesting the idea of Ethereum.
In 2014, Vitalik dropped out of university because he got a $100,000 grant from the Thiel Fellowship. This scholarship was created by a rich investor named Peter Thiel, and it allowed Vitalik to focus on working on Ethereum full-time.
In 2018, he got an honorary doctorate from the University of Basel’s Faculty of Business and Economics.
|Birth date||January 31, 1994|
|Birth place||Kolomna, Russia|
|Parents||Dmitry Buterin and Natalia Buterin|
|Education||Thiel Fellowship, University of Waterloo|
|Profession||Computer programmer, writer and Entrepreneur|
|Net worth||$600 million|
Vitalik Buterin Net Worth 2023
Vitalik Buterin, who helped create Ethereum, is believed to have a net worth of around $600 million. This includes money in his three confirmed cryptocurrency wallets, which total about $555 million, and an estimated $45 million in assets outside of cryptocurrencies. But his wealth can change a lot because the value of cryptocurrencies goes up and down, and he also donates a significant amount of money to charities.
For instance, in 2021, he gave away Shiba Inu tokens worth $1.2 billion to the CryptoRelief fund. And in 2022, he donated $9.4 million in USDC to the University of Maryland for research on germ-killing ultraviolet light.
Vitalik Buterin Career Milestones
As a Writer
In 2011, Vitalik Buterin started writing articles for a publication called Bitcoin Weekly. He did this to earn some Bitcoin after meeting someone on a Bitcoin forum. The owner of the publication offered him five Bitcoin (which was worth about $3.50 at that time) for each article. Buterin continued writing for the site until it had to shut down due to not making enough money.
In September 2011, Mihai Alisie approached Buterin about starting a new print magazine called Bitcoin Magazine. Buterin accepted the offer and became the first co-founder. He also contributed as a writer. Bitcoin Magazine became one of the first serious publications dedicated to cryptocurrencies. While working there, Buterin also tried to work for Ripple but couldn’t because they couldn’t support his U.S. visa.
In 2016, he was part of the editorial board of Ledger, a scholarly journal that publishes research articles about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
Vitalik Buterin is most famous for inventing Ethereum. Ethereum is like a decentralized network and software platform combined. It allows people to create new cryptocurrencies and programs that use a single blockchain, which is like a secure ledger for transactions.
He first talked about Ethereum in a white paper in November 2013. He believed that Bitcoin needed a scripting language for application development, but when that idea didn’t gain support, he proposed creating a whole new platform with a more versatile scripting language.
He introduced Ethereum to the public in 2014 at a conference, explaining how it could be used for things like crop insurance, decentralized exchanges, and DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations).
Buterin has been involved in open-source software projects, including DarkWallet, Bitcoin Python libraries, and the cryptocurrency marketplace Egora.
He also met with the Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2017 to discuss the economic and political importance of Ethereum for Russia.
In collaboration with economist Glen Weyl, they worked on a method for funding public goods called quadratic funding, which has allocated over $20 million to open-source software projects as of August 2022.
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is a decentralized blockchain platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of fraud or third party interference.
Ethereum was founded in 2015 by Vitalik Buterin. It is the second-largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization, after Bitcoin.
Ethereum is used to create decentralized applications (dApps), which are applications that run on the Ethereum blockchain. dApps can be used for a variety of purposes, such as decentralized finance (DeFi), decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Ethereum is a powerful platform that has the potential to revolutionize many industries. It is still under development, but it has already made a significant impact on the world.
Vitalik Buterin Awards and Achievements
- Thiel Fellowship (2014): The Thiel Fellowship, established by venture capitalist Peter Thiel, provides talented young individuals with grants to pursue innovative projects and ideas. Buterin was awarded this fellowship in 2014, which allowed him to focus on the development of Ethereum.
- World Technology Award in the IT Software category (2014): Buterin was recognized with a World Technology Award in the IT Software category for his groundbreaking work on Ethereum. These awards celebrate individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to science, technology, and innovation.
- Fortune 40 under 40 list (2016): Fortune magazine included Buterin in its prestigious “40 under 40” list in 2016. This list highlights young leaders and innovators who have made a substantial impact in their respective fields before the age of 40.
- Forbes 30 under 30 list (2018): Forbes, a prominent business magazine, featured Buterin in its “30 under 30” list in 2018. This list showcases young achievers under the age of 30 who have demonstrated exceptional accomplishments and potential in various industries.
- Fortune the ledger 40 under 40 list (2018): Buterin also received recognition in Fortune’s “the ledger 40 under 40” list in 2018. This list specifically focuses on individuals who have played significant roles in the cryptocurrency and blockchain sector.
- University of Basel Honorary doctorate (2018): In 2018, the University of Basel awarded Buterin an honorary doctorate in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the field of blockchain and Ethereum. This honorary degree is a prestigious academic acknowledgment.
- Time 100 (2021): Time magazine included Buterin in its Time 100 list in 2021. This list annually recognizes the most influential people globally, and Buterin’s inclusion reflects his impact on the world of technology and cryptocurrencies.
Within the Ethereum community, Buterin received the Vitalik Buterin Community Award in 2018, which is a special acknowledgment from the Ethereum community itself. This award is presented to the individual who has made the most significant contributions to the Ethereum community during the previous year.
Overall, these awards and honors underscore Vitalik Buterin’s pivotal role in shaping the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape, and they highlight his status as a prominent figure in the field of technology and innovation.
Vitalik Buterin Philanthropy Work
Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum, has been involved in various acts of charity:
- In 2017, he donated about $763,970 worth of Ether to the Machine Intelligence Research Institute.
- In 2018, he gave $2.4 million in Ether to the SENS Research Foundation, which focuses on rejuvenation biotechnologies and extending human life.
- In 2020, he, along with Sam Bankman-Fried and Haseeb Qureshi, contributed $150,000 to the SENS Research Foundation through a Twitter vote to combat aging-related diseases.
- In 2021, Buterin donated $1.14 billion worth of SHIBA coins, previously gifted to him, to India’s Crypto Covid relief fund. This generous act caused a significant drop in SHIBA coin’s value.
- Also in 2021, he donated $336 million worth of Dogelon Mars ($ELON) to the Methuselah Foundation, an organization working on extending human lifespan. This donation caused a substantial decrease in the value of Dogelon Mars.
Apart from these philanthropic efforts, Vitalik Buterin has been actively supporting Ukraine following the 2022 Russian invasion. He criticized the invasion on social media and expressed solidarity with Ukraine. He has also donated cryptocurrency to projects assisting Ukraine and endorsed initiatives involved in “cryptophilanthropy.” One of these initiatives is the Ukraine DAO, where his father Dmitry plays a significant role as a key-holder for its crypto funds.
How Many Ethereum Vitalik Buterin Have?
Vitalik Buterin has roughly 286,000 ETH in his public cryptocurrency wallets. At today’s market rates, this Ethereum stash is worth around $555 million. Keep in mind that cryptocurrency values can go up and down, so these numbers may change over time.
Q. Who is the co-founder of Ethereum?
Vitalik Buterin is the co-founder of Ethereum.
Q. What is the net worth of Vitalik Buterin?
Vitalik Buterin’s net worth is around $600 Million.
Q. How old is Vitalik Buterin?
Vitalik Buterin was born in January 31st, 1994, so he is 29 Years Old as on September 3rd, 2023.
In summary, Vitalik Buterin is a well-known programmer from Russia and Canada who has made big contributions to the world of blockchain technology. He’s famous for co-founding Ethereum and introducing smart contracts, which changed how things work in this field. As a result, he’s not only become very rich, with around $600 million, but he’s also become famous worldwide.
But it’s not just about the money for Buterin. He’s known for giving away a lot of his wealth to good causes. He’s also a key player in the ongoing development of Ethereum. His wealth depends on the ups and downs of the cryptocurrency market, including the value of his substantial holdings in Ethereum.