Father’s Day 2023 in India: Fathers hold a special place in our hearts as our first love, our unwavering heroes who teach us resilience through their silent strength. The worth of a caring father is immeasurable, and this year, we eagerly anticipate celebrating Father’s Day on June 18, 2023.
Father’s Day 2023 in India
Father’s Day is a heartfelt tribute not only to fathers but also to the influential father figures who ignite our aspirations and help us soar to new heights. They are our initial source of affection, the ultimate heroes in our lives, teaching us resilience through their quiet fortitude.
Recognizing that the immeasurable value of a loving father knows no bounds, people across the globe come together to commemorate Father’s Day on the third Sunday of June, honoring their irreplaceable role in our lives.
Mark your calendars for June 18, 2023, as we prepare to celebrate Father’s Day—a global tribute dedicated to all the remarkable fathers across the world. This special day serves as a meaningful expression of respect and love for our fathers, as well as an opportunity to cherish the influential father figures who have shaped our lives. Let us come together to honor and appreciate the extraordinary role they play in our journey.
Date of Father’s Day 2023 in India And the other Countries
Father’s Day is indeed celebrated on various dates around the world, each with its unique significance. In India and approximately 70 other countries, Father’s Day is observed on the third Sunday of June, falling on June 18 this year. Let’s explore some other notable dates for Father’s Day:
- Portugal, Italy, and Spain celebrate Father’s Day on March 19, coinciding with Saint Joseph’s Day, a significant event in the Catholic Church.
- Taiwan commemorates Father’s Day on August 8, as the pronunciation of this date in their dialect resembles the word “daddy.”
- In Thailand, Father’s Day is honored on December 5, which is the birthday of the revered former King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
- Russia celebrates Father’s Day on February 23, a day known as Defender of the Fatherland Day, which pays tribute to men in general, including fathers.
These diverse dates exemplify the global appreciation and recognition of fatherhood, allowing different cultures to express their gratitude and love for fathers in their own distinctive ways.
In Asian Countries Father’s Day Date:
|Country Name||Father’s Day Date|
|Bangladesh||Third Sunday of June|
|China||Third Sunday of June|
|India||Third Sunday of June|
|Iran||Varies (Esfand 24 or 13th of Rajab)|
|Israel||30 Shevat (part of Family Day)|
|Japan||Third Sunday of June|
|Malaysia||Third Sunday of June|
|Nepal||Varies (Kushe Aunsi, usually in August/September)|
|Pakistan||Third Sunday of June|
|Philippines||Third Sunday of June|
|Singapore||Third Sunday of June|
|South Korea||May 8|
|Sri Lanka||Third Sunday of June|
|Thailand||December 5 (King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s birthday)|
|United Arab Emirates||Third Sunday of June|
In Other Counties Father’s Day Celebration Date:
|Country Name||Father’s Day Date|
|Austria||Second Sunday of June|
|Belgium||Second Sunday of June or 14 June|
|Bulgaria||26 December or Saint Joseph’s Day|
|Canada||Third Sunday of June|
|Costa Rica||Third Sunday of June or 19 March|
|Croatia||19 March (Saint Joseph’s Day)|
|Estonia||Second Sunday of November|
|Finland||Second Sunday of November|
|France||Third Sunday of June|
|Germany||Ascension Day (40 days after Easter)|
|Greece||Third Sunday of June|
|Haiti||Last Sunday of June|
|Hungary||Third Sunday of June|
|Iceland||Second Sunday of November|
|Ireland||Third Sunday of June|
|Italy||19 March (Saint Joseph’s Day)|
|Latvia||Second Sunday of September|
|Lithuania||First Sunday of June|
|Malta||Third Sunday of June|
|Mexico||Third Sunday of June|
|Netherlands||Third Sunday of June|
|Norway||Second Sunday of November|
|Portugal||19 March (Saint Joseph’s Day)|
|Romania||Second Sunday of May|
|Russia||Third Sunday of October or 23 February|
|Slovakia||Third Sunday of June|
|Spain||19 March (Saint Joseph’s Day)|
|Sweden||Second Sunday of November|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Third Sunday of June|
|Turkey||Third Sunday of June|
|Ukraine||Third Sunday of June|
|United Kingdom||Third Sunday of June|
|United States||Third Sunday of June|
History of Father’s Day
Sonora Louise Smart Dodd, born in 1882, was the daughter of William Jackson Smart, a veteran of the American Civil War. After her mother passed away when she was 16, her father raised Sonora and her five brothers. One day, while attending a church sermon about Mother’s Day, Sonora realized that there was no similar celebration for fathers.
Inspired by her own father’s birthday on June 5, Sonora came up with the idea of honoring fathers worldwide by celebrating Father’s Day on that date. The concept gained significant interest among Americans, quickly spreading from the state of Washington to the entire country.
In 1966, President Lyndon Johnson took the initiative to establish Father’s Day as a national celebration on the third Sunday of June. Later, in 1972, President Richard Nixon officially declared the third Sunday of June as Father’s Day through a presidential proclamation. As the years went by, Father’s Day gained recognition and began to be celebrated in various countries worldwide.
Significance and Celebration of Father’s Day 2023
On June 18 this year, we have the opportunity to celebrate Father’s Day, a special occasion that holds great significance. It’s a chance for us to express our respect and love for our fathers and acknowledge the sacrifices they have made for us. Father’s Day is dedicated to honoring the vital role fathers play in raising their children, something that is sometimes taken for granted.
So, don’t wait any longer! Take this moment to show your dad how much you appreciate and value him. A small act of love from you can bring him immense joy and happiness.
Best Father’s Day Quotes to Express Your Love
- Dad, I want to wish you a Happy Father’s Day! Your constant presence and guidance in my life have been invaluable. You are my ultimate role model, and I’m incredibly thankful to have you.
- Sending my heartfelt wishes on Father’s Day to the most amazing dad ever! Your unwavering love and unwavering support mean the world to me. I consider myself truly fortunate to call you my father.
- Happy Father’s Day to my real-life superhero! You have always been there to protect me, teach me valuable lessons, and inspire me to reach for the stars. Enjoy your special day, Dad!
- On this Father’s Day, I want to express my deep gratitude to you, Dad. Your love has been unwavering, and your encouragement has been boundless. You are my pillar of strength, and I appreciate you more than words can say.
- Dad, you have been a guiding light in my life, showing me the importance of strength, kindness, and empathy. Your wisdom and support have shaped me into the person I am today. Wishing you a joyful and memorable Father’s Day!
- On this special day, Dad, I want to express my gratitude for the countless sacrifices you’ve made for our family. Your selflessness and love continue to inspire me. Have an amazing Father’s Day!
- Dad, you’ve always been my biggest supporter and a true source of inspiration. Your unwavering belief in me has given me the courage to pursue my dreams. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to the man who has not only taught me valuable life lessons but also shown me how to handle challenges with resilience. I’m proud to have you as my father.
- Dad, your love is like a guiding light that leads me through the ups and downs of life. Thank you for being my beacon of support. Wishing you a joyful Father’s Day!
- Sending you love and warm wishes on Father’s Day, Dad. You have filled my life with laughter, happiness, and an abundance of love. Enjoy your special day!
- To my dad, who has been my guide, mentor, and friend, Happy Father’s Day! Thank you for sharing your wisdom and love with me. I’m grateful for everything.
- Happy Father’s Day to the dad who has given me the best of everything: love, time, and unwavering support. I’m forever thankful.
- Dad, you’re the greatest! Happy Father’s Day! Your love and guidance have shaped who I am today.
- May your Father’s Day be filled with relaxation, laughter, and the love of your loved ones. You deserve all the happiness, Dad.
- Happy Father’s Day to the dad who taught me the value of hard work, perseverance, and being honest. You’re my hero!
- Dad, you have a heart of gold and inspire us all. On this special day, I celebrate you and the amazing father you are. Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Father’s Day to the dad who can do it all—fix things, give advice, and make us laugh. You’re simply incredible!
- Wishing a day of relaxation and happiness to a dad who always puts his family first. You deserve all the love and appreciation.
- Sending love and appreciation to the coolest dad ever. May your Father’s Day be filled with laughter and unforgettable moments.
- Happy Father’s Day to the dad who leads by example, teaching us the importance of kindness and compassion. You are a true role model.
Whatsapp and Facebook Status For Father’s Day 2023
- “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
- “It is a wise father that knows his own child.” – William Shakespeare
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” – Tim Russert
- “I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection.” – Sigmund Freud
- “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: he believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
- “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” – George Herbert
- “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” – Reed B Markham
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” – Dan Pearce
- “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” – Prevost Abbe
- “A father’s words are like a thermostat that sets the temperature in the house.” – Paul Lewis
- “Celebrating the incredible man who has been my rock, my guide, and my superhero. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “To the world’s best dad: Happy Father’s Day! Your love and support mean the world to me.”
- “Dad, you’re my hero and my role model. Wishing you a special Father’s Day filled with love and happiness.”
- “A father’s love is unconditional and everlasting. Thank you, Dad, for being the best. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Today and every day, I celebrate the amazing father who has shaped my life. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!”
- “Dad, you’ve always been there to catch me when I fall and lift me higher when I succeed. Happy Father’s Day to the best dad ever!”
- “The greatest gift I ever received is having you as my father. Wishing you a joyful and memorable Father’s Day.”
- “Dad, your wisdom, strength, and love have guided me through life’s journey. Thank you for everything. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “On this Father’s Day, I am grateful for all the sacrifices you’ve made and the endless love you’ve showered upon me. Love you, Dad!”
- “Cheers to the man who has filled my life with joy, laughter, and endless memories. Happy Father’s Day, Dad! You’re the best!”
Instagram Captions For Father’s Day
- “The best dad ever.”
- “A superhero in disguise.”
- “Love on Father’s Day.”
- “Dad’s little girl/boy.”
- “My superhero, always there.”
- “Dad, guiding me through.”
- “Love from Dad, forever.”
- “Creating memories with Dad.”
- “Dad, my biggest supporter.”
- “Celebrating Dad’s unconditional love.”
- “My first hero, my Dad.”
- “Family love, Dad’s happiness.”
My Final Words About Father’s Day
Father’s Day is a special day where we show our love and appreciation for the amazing fathers in our lives. It’s a time to recognize all the ways they have helped us and supported us. They teach us important things and give us strength. This article talks about why Father’s Day is important and how we can thank our fathers for everything they do for us.
FAQs About Father’s Day
When is Father’s Day 2023 in India?
18th June, 2023.
Who was the Founder of Father’s Day?
Sonora Louise Smart Dodd.
When the Father’s Day celebrate every year in India?
Father’s Day Celebrate in India every 3rd Sunday of the June Month.
Also Read: More Articles