Aadhar Pan Card Link Last Date Deadline: Taxpayers should ensure the prompt linking of their PAN and Aadhaar Card before the deadline expires.
Taxpayers need to act quickly and avoid any more delays in linking their PAN and Aadhaar Card as the deadline is approaching soon. According to the Ministry of Finance’s press release on March 28th, 2023, the last date has been extended to June 30, 2023.
|Income Tax India Officail Website||incometaxindia.gov.in|
|Aadhar Pan Card Link Official Notification||To be Provided Below|
|Aadhar Pan Card Link Last Date||30-06-2023|
|Join Our Telegram Channel For Latet Updates||Telegram|
Official Income Tax India Tweets About Aadhar Pan Card Link Last Date Deadline
What happens if i could not Link Aadhar With Pan Card Before 30th June 2023?
In recent years, the Indian government has enforced the mandatory linking of PAN Card and Aadhaar Card. The objective is to ensure that all taxpayers have a unique identifier associated with their PAN, which helps combat tax evasion. Failure to link Aadhaar with PAN can result in the following consequences:
- Difficulty in filing Income Tax Returns (ITR): Filing ITR may become challenging if PAN and Aadhaar are not linked. The Aadhaar Card number is required for ITR submission. Non-linkage may lead to rejection by the Income Tax Department, preventing filing and potentially impacting tax refunds.
- Accessing government services: Not linking PAN and Aadhaar may create difficulties when accessing certain government services. Services like subsidies, passport applications, and bank account opening often require submission of both cards. Non-linkage can hinder availing these services.
- Obtaining a new PAN Card: If PAN is lost or damaged and not linked to Aadhaar, obtaining a new PAN Card may be problematic. The government mandates including the Aadhaar Card number for new PAN Card applications.
- Penalties and inoperable PAN Card: Failure to link PAN and Aadhaar may result in penalties of up to Rs. 10,000 as per the Income Tax Act. Moreover, if PAN and Aadhaar are not linked by March 31, 2023, the PAN Card may become inoperable.
How to Link Aadhar With Pan Card online Before Last Date Deadline Expire?
The deadline for linking the PAN Card and the Aadhaar Card has been extended several times due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. As of now, the deadline for linking these two documents is March 31, 2023. It is crucial for individuals to adhere to this deadline to ensure compliance with the government’s requirements.
The process of linking the PAN Card and the Aadhaar Card is relatively simple and can be accomplished through online platforms or by visiting a PAN Card center in person. Both methods provide convenience and flexibility for taxpayers to complete this important task.
Linking your Aadhaar to your PAN Card involves two primary stages. The initial stage requires payment of late fees for not having linked the cards yet, while the subsequent stage involves submitting the Aadhaar Linking request.
To link your Aadhaar to your PAN Card, follow these steps:
- Paying late fees (if applicable):
- Visit the e-Pay Tax page on the Income Tax e-Filing website.
- Enter your PAN and confirm your PAN and mobile number to receive an OTP.
- Verify the OTP and you will be redirected to a page with different payment options.
- Click on the “Proceed” button for the Income Tax payment option.
- Select the assessment year (AY) as 2023-24 and the Type of Payment as “Other Receipts (500)” and click “Continue“.
- Enter the amount of Rs. 1000 under the “Others” field.
- Submitting the Aadhaar Linking request:
- After making the payment on the NSDL (now Protean) portal, wait for 4-5 working days.
- Go to the e-filing portal and log in.
- On the dashboard, find the “Link Aadhaar to PAN” or “Link Aadhar” option in the personal details section.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar number, then click “Validate“.
- If the payment has been verified, a pop-up message will confirm the payment details.
- Click “Continue” on the pop-up message to submit the request to link your Aadhaar Card and PAN Card.
- Fill in the necessary details and click the “Link Aadhaar” button.
- Enter the 6-digit OTP received on the mentioned mobile number.
- Your request to link your Aadhaar Card and PAN Card has been successfully submitted.
- You can now check the link status of the two cards.
Note: These steps are provided for informational purposes, and it’s recommended to refer to official government sources or consult a tax professional for accurate and up-to-date guidance.
To link your PAN Card and Aadhaar Card, you have the option to visit a PAN Card center. Follow these steps:
- Obtain the required form from the PAN Card center.
- Fill out the form accurately with the necessary information.
- Make photocopies of your PAN Card and Aadhaar Card.
- Submit the filled form along with the photocopies of both cards at the PAN Card center.
- Provide any additional documents or information as requested by the center.
- Wait for the verification process to be completed.
- Once verified, your PAN Card and Aadhaar Card will be linked.
Note: It is advisable to contact the PAN Card center beforehand to ensure you have all the necessary documents and to confirm any specific requirements they may have.
To Check Aadhar Pan Card Link Status follow these steps:
- Go to the e-Filing Portal homepage or visit https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/link-aadhaar-status and find the “Link Aadhaar Status” option under Quick Links.
- Click on “Link Aadhaar Status” to proceed.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number in the provided fields.
- Click on “View Link Aadhaar Status” to check the status.
Possible outcomes and their possible answers:
- If the Aadhaar and PAN Card are not linked:
- “Your PAN DGXXXXXX6F is not linked to the provided Aadhaar 34XXXXXXXX45.”
- If the Aadhaar-PAN link is in progress:
- “Your Aadhaar-PAN linking request has been submitted to UIDAI for validation. Please check the status later by clicking on the ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ link on the Home page.”
- If the Aadhaar-PAN linking is successful:
- “Your PAN BGXXXXXX6F is already linked to the provided Aadhaar 36XXXXXXXX68.”
We appreciate your feedback and support! If you found the information helpful, please consider sharing it with your friends. Your star rating and following our Telegram channel are also great ways to show your love and stay updated with similar informational content. Thank you for your support!